At Traralgon Little Athletics we;
• have a zero tolerance for child abuse
• actively work to listen to and empower children
• have systems to protect children from abuse, and will take all allegations and concerns very seriously and
responds to them consistently in line with the organisation’s policies and procedures
• are committed to promoting cultural safety for Aboriginal children, cultural safety for children from culturally
and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds, and to providing a safe environment for children with a disability.
• have a code of conduct to ensure that all athletes, coaches, spectators, parents, officials and administrators
are not prone to sexual abuse, neglect, physical abuse or emotional abuse. They will ensure that all persons
are included, protected and not discriminated against in any manner.
Victoria has introduced compulsory minimum standards for organisations that provide services for children to help protect children from abuse.
The Child Safe Standards form part of the Victorian Government’s response to the Betrayal of Trust Inquiry (the 2013 Parliamentary Inquiry into the Handling of Child Abuse by Religious and Other Non-Government Organisations).
Education, awareness raising and helping organisations to create and maintain child safe environments will be the initial focus of the Child Safe Standards.
Please follow this link to see Little Athletics Victoria information on the new Child Safe Standards.
All reports on child safety issues will be investigated and reported through to the President.